Taco soup is one for the nights when you just… can’t. Your head is spinning, kids are mad and hungry (you know, kids can get hangry too), you’ve had no time to sit down and the last thing you want to do is cook dinner. It’s the perfect storm. I am always looking for recipes that I can literally dump together. I always have these ingredients on hand for the nights when I need a crowd pleaser that I don’t have to think about.
Time Saving Tip: When you have time, cook a big batch of ground beef and freeze in 1 lb servings. When its time to make dinner, re-heat and you’re good to go. This way you don’t have to wait for you beef to cook and dirty another pan while you’re making dinner. This can save up to ten minutes of cooking time.
This is so easy, so on the night of your perfect dinner storm, just open cans and go. You got this.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-14 oz can corn
- 1-28 oz can stewed tomatoes
- 1-14 oz can black or kidney beans
- 3 cups water
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- Place ground beef, garlic, and onion in a large pot (cook and remove grease, if your ground beef is not pre-cooked.)
- Cook until onions are translucent.
- Add corn, stewed tomatoes, beans, water and taco seasoning.
- Simmer 15 minutes.
- Serve with green onion, sour cream, and tortilla chips.